Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Flavorful Avocado and Steak Soft Taco
I wanted to share one of the most palette pleasing recipes I have had in quite a while. Avocado and Steak Soft Tacos are easy to make, cook up fast, and use normal basic ingredients. I have had these for dinner and breakfast and love the combination of flavors.
FLAVORFUL AVOCADO AND STEAK SOFT TACO
12 Small Corn Tortillas
1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
3/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1 Avocado - firm- but ripe
1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil - Extra Virgin
2 Large Sweet Peppers
1 pound of Round Steak roast- Slice it Thin- but do not cut it into strips yet.
1/3 Cup Red Onions- uncooked
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 cup cilantro leaves - torn
2 medium Fresh Limes- cut into wedges
****We used the broiler, but you can do this on the grill.****
1. In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
2. Cut avocado in half and remove pit; Brush cut sides of avocado with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon spice mixture.
3. Core and seed red peppers; slice each into 6 rings and place in a large bowl. Drizzle peppers and onions with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; toss with 1 teaspoon spice mixture. Rub remaining spice mixture all over steak.
4. Place peppers and onions on the broiler pan. Broil several minutes until they have a grilled look. Cook them longer if you want them softer. Remove from broiler.
5. Place steaks in broiler over. Cook 4-5 minutes- per side- for medium rare. Remove from oven and let it rest before you cut it into strips.
6. To serve, cut each avocado half into 6 even pieces; mash one piece down center of each tortilla. Layer each with 1 pepper ring, and about 1 ounce steak; garnish with onion, cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce (optional). Yields 1 taco per serving. ENJOY !!
But Wait There is More on that Plate:
Asparagus and Turkey Bacon
1/2 Bundle of Asparagus
3 Slices of Turkey Bacon
Bacon Flavored Coffee syrup (optional)
1. Cut the white ends off the Asparagus and then chop the rest of the stem into bite sized pieces. Set aside
2. Cook the turkey bacon. Set aside.
3. In a skillet add 2 TBL of Bacon Syrup or a pat of butter. Cook the Asparagus on medium heat until tender. Should be about 15 minutes. Maybe longer. Test it and see if you like it.
4. Take the Turkey Bacon and cut it up. Add it to the cooked Asparagus. Enjoy !!
CLICK HERE FOR PDF VERSION FOR YOUR FILES